Wednesday, September 27, 2006

At the stillpoint of the turning world - there the dance is...(TS Eliot)

"Birth. Childhood. Puberty. Maturity. Death. The dance of life in five movements. Life is a work in progress, performance art, ritual theatre, an epic poem, and we're not called on to be only spectators and listeners but the artists of our own stories, the creator of our own lives. What role are you playing in your life? Why? Do you have a choice? Yes!"
(Gabrielle Roth, Maps to Ecstasy)

The hot desert winds have left me agitated. Something has got under my skin and is scratching from the inside to get out. Life is turning again, and I do not yet know where or how. I just know it is and I accept this, though it scares me.

This is always my most difficult time, the time when I struggle to know when to sit and be patient, and when to move and take action. I am aware something of deep significance in my life needs to be released, or taken hold of, that the choices I make now are important and not to be hurried by panic or lust. I sense that a change of shape is happening in my own being as I unfold into a new state. But I have no idea what that is, or where I am moving to.

That is the thing about living life in constant motion and discovery. There are no set destinations, no established conventions. Just the movement of the body, heart and spirit, expressed through my being, in this lifetime, as I journey to understand who I am, what this path is, and attempt to keep my eyes open to the magic that is all around. And I keep on dancing, because that is all there is.

1 comment:

Gill said...

I've been having a terribly restless day, can't settle properly to any work at all. Feeling exactly the same- that things are in the process of a huge change, shapeshifting, and I'm losing the edges of the old somwhere.