Friday, May 11, 2007

Converging Streams

Recently, I have been engaging in an on-line creative dialogue with a film artist, Jenny McCabe. I first met Jenny when working as a poet in residence at Beaumont College, Lancaster. Whilst I am not working on that residency anymore, I have continued to enter into this 'visual conversation'. The premise is simple. We give each other a quote or question, relating to a creative thought, and we create short videoblogs in response. We called it Confluence, because it seemed to us that it was the merging of two creative processes. What is fascinating is that as a visual artist, Jenny is having to respond to a written statement, and as a word-artist, I am having to respond in a visual format. Anyway, I think it is interesting to see what is developing, and what it is revealing about two women artist and their divergent and convergent practices.

My favourite self-made videoblog was in response to the question: Sensationalist or sensualist? I loved making this film and I feel that it really does capture the spirit behind my creativity and my life view. I love to play. For me, that is the heart of creativity.

You can watch it if you want, and others, by going to:

http://confluence.blip.tv/file/180223/

1 comment:

Ruth said...

This is very you Vik - I take it the answer is YES!